Can you believe it? It’s been a year already… since we held the first episode of Pat on Brands Dialogues – home of stories with depth. It feels like yesterday when Tshimologong Precinct opened its doors for us to host the Dialogues. As the adage goes, time flies when you are having a good time.
A little bit about the Pat on Brands Dialogues
The Pat on Brands Dialogues is an initiative born from the culture of storytelling to encourage a dialogue between captains of industry, young professionals, and entrepreneurs. At the core of the Dialogues is storytelling because storytelling is the most powerful of sharing knowledge. Each episode has a theme that the storytellers share their experiences on and the audience also gets the opportunity to ask questions.
A significant milestone
The 1 year anniversary is a significant milestone given the fact that the platform has no backing in a form of financial sponsorship. Sylvester Chauke (Founder and Chief Architect at DNA Brand Architects) put it well in the celebratory video when he said “planting a seed of an entrepreneurial venture is one of the most exciting and daunting projects. It demands all of you. But when that idea seems to take off, the seed starts growing and a vision starts manifesting, we celebrate.” This is true. There is a lot of work that is put in behind the scenes for each and to do this for over a year it is truly remarkable.
A huge Pat on the Storytellers
At the centre of the Pat on Brands Dialogues are the storytellers. Each storyteller is selected based on their expertise and the value they will add to the Dialogue. Not only do the storytellers take time off their busy schedule to come to the platform at no cost. They also inspire us by sharing their journeys and experiences. We learn so much from them. Without them, there will be no Dialogues.
We’ve had the privilege of hosting the following storytellers:
- Alistair Mokoena – CEO at Google Africa
- Bogosi Motshegwa – Founder at Thinkerneur
- Boipelo Mabe – Entreprenuer
- Bongani Chinkanda – Founder at Diary of Salesman
- Bronson Mokabela – Founder and Managing Director at Digigage Sports and Entertainment
- Christinah Mazibuko – Owner and Director at FIFTH ACE
- Greg Maloka – Managing Director – Kaya FM
- Gugu Nkabinde – Founder and CEO at Gugu Intimates
- Khensani Nobanda – Group Executive Marketing and Corporate Affairs at Nedbank
- Khulekani Dumisa – Co-founder Khulekani on Wheels
- Lebo Lion – Voice Marketing in Africa
- Mogau Seshoene aka The Lazy Makoti – Author & Entrepreneur
- Musa Kalenga – Co-founder and CEO at Briedge Labs
- Nokuthula “Nox” Magwaza – Managing Director at Bloom Marketing
- Nontokoko Madonsela – Group CMO at Momentum Metropolitan Holdings
- Rorisang Setlogelo – Founder & Managing Director at Roth Media
- Sala Masindane – Co-founder Khulekani on Wheels
- Sibusiso Ngwenya aka Skinny Sbu – Founder & CEO Skinny Sbu Socks
- Sylvester Chauke – Author & Chief Brand Architect at DNA Brand Architects
- Thabang Ramogase – CMO at Liberty
- Thebe Ikalafeng – Founder & Chairman at Brand Africa, Founder Brand Leadership
- Tim Zunckel – Independent Media Trainer and Creative
- Tumi Rabanye – Marketing Communications Consultant at MMR
- Veli Ngubane – Co-founder and CCO at Avatar Agency
- Xolisa Dyeshana – CCO at Joe Public
- Zesipho Mncwango – Brand Manager at Unilever
Another Pat on our partners and supporters
The success of the Dialogues can be attributed to the strategic partnerships formed with the following entities:
- Tshimologong Precinct (Venue),
- Varsity TV (Media),
- Cucumbers & Creams (Catering),
- Lilo Collections (Gifting).
If it was not for these entities the Dialogues would have remained just an idea that never saw the light of day but without the support of the audience who showed up at the Dialogues whether it was at Tshimologong Precinct or online, it wouldn’t have possible to go on for a year.